Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mat's Guitar Birthday Cake

As time passes by, I am more intrigued by the fact that I enjoy making and decorating cakes. This has become a hobby and a passion. I love the art of being able to create art out of cakes. The final outcome, the taste, aroma, the detailed decorations, and the people's reactions are priceless. There is nothing like the feeling of seeing someone's eyes light up when they receive a customized and one-of-a-kind cake. It makes me feel good knowing that I can do that in someone's life and makes the hard work well worth it.

Saying this, I decided to make a cake for my boyfriend's birthday. It did take some thinking on my part and a bit of planning to decide what kind of cake to create for his special day. Asking what kind of cake he wanted was like pulling teeth. I decided to make my own recipe and named it "Kevin's Blue Suede Cake". The cake process (preparing, baking, decorating) took about 8 hours. After several breaks and a sore back, I finally accomplished to finish this special delight for the special day. Below are a few pictures of the outcome. Hope you guys enjoy.


Here is Mat's Birthday Cake

Below is Mat cutting into the Birthday Cake

Cake served with Vanilla-Caramel Icecream

No comments:

Post a Comment